No one likes the feeling of salt in the eyes when a big wave makes an unexpected introduction to their face. Pool chlorine can be even worse, often leaving your eyes itching or burning.
Luckily, there is a practical solution: swimming goggles. However, this solution gets a little more complicated when you try to find the right pair. There are thousands of brands out there, all claiming to be the best. So where do you start?
Fortunately, we have compiled a helpful list of some of our favorite products. The perfect pair of goggles is all about personal preference, so we included everything from children’s underwater eyewear to adult prescription goggles.
Swim goggles are crucial for any swimmer—new or old. So, to utilize your product to its full potential, we also included some tips on goggle use and maintenance. Check it out!
- The 20 Best Swimming Goggles (Summer 2020)
- >>>Best Swimming Goggles for Exercise<<<
- Aegend Swim Goggles
- YIQIC Swim Goggles
- PHELRENA Professional Swim Goggles
- >>>Best Swimming Goggles for Children<<<
- COOLOO Kids Swim Goggles
- COPOZZ Kids Swimming Goggles
- Swim Elite Kids Swim Goggles
- >>>Best Swimming Goggles for Competitive Swimmers<<<
- Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
- HYX Swim Goggles
- Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles
- Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Goggles
- >>>Best Swimming Goggles for Snorkeling<<<
- U.S. Divers Icon Mask Set
- ProDive Premium Dry Top Snorkel Set
- WACOOL Snorkeling Package
- Phantom Aquatics Panoramic
- Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask
- >>>Best Anti-Fog Swimming Goggles<<<
- Zerhunt Swim Goggles
- U-FIT Swimming Goggles
- Resurge Sports Swimming Goggles
- >>>Best Prescription Swimming Goggles<<<
- TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggle
- Wave Prescription Unisex Swim Goggles
- Zioner RX Prescription Swim Goggles
- How do you choose the Best Swimming Goggles?
- Here’s The Proper Way
- to Wear Swimming Goggles
- The #1 Way To Make Your Swimming Goggles LAST
- Now take your new swimming goggles…swimming!
- Here’s some activities to try with your swim goggles:
The 20 Best Swimming Goggles (Summer 2020)
>>>Best Swimming Goggles for Exercise<<<
Swimming can be intimidating form of exercise for newcomers. New adult swimmers interested in the health benefits of swimming need a no-frills product that gets the job done. Though many newcomers want the same goggles Michael Phelps uses, there are a variety of more suitable entry level goggles for beginners. Here are some of our favorite exercise-oriented goggles.
Aegend Swim Goggles
- ☛ 180-DEGREE STREAMLINED DESIGN - The streamlined frame is designed with ergonomics in mind. Aegend adult swim goggles provide undistorted peripheral vision as well as a safer and faster swimming experience. ❤ Not recommended for people with a small face. ❤
Aegend goggles are perfect for the casual lap swimmer. They feature a user-friendly strap system with a convenient quick release button. The goggles are comfortable underwater and rarely fog up.
Aegend goggles are different in style compared to many other pairs. They more closely resemble a pair of glasses with sharp, distinct edges.
The lenses are made with polycarbonate coating for better UV protection. The band itself is comfortable silicone with no allergens.
These goggles are an excellent choice for people who hate getting “raccoon eyes” from other similar products. The easy strap system ensures that the goggles are never too tight.
YIQIC Swim Goggles
- Humanized design& matching: Ultra Mirror Lenses offers enhanced clear view and protection and it is perfect for sunlight. Clear Lenses are excellent for summer, night or indoor swimming offers the high clarity. Two in one covers all your needs!
YIQIC Swim Goggles are like an old, reliable truck: not fancy, but they get the job done. They come with a replaceable nose bridge to help fit securely on individuals with varying nose sizes.
The goggles feature elastic silicone material. YIQIC treats their goggles’ lenses with ultraviolet light absorbers to block out dangerous UVA and UVB rays.
I recommend these goggles for casual lap swimmers that are always losing their pairs. Since the order comes with two, you’ll have a backup in case you misplace or damage the other pair.
However, be careful with the replaceable nose piece. The part is easy to lose and without the goggles are worthless.
PHELRENA Professional Swim Goggles
- ◆UV PROTECTION:PHELRENA 3d swimming goggles is professional racing goggles. The lenses of the 3d goggles glasses are treated with ultraviolet light absorber that can effectively block the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays and protect your eyes from the sun's harmful damage.The top-rated swimming goggles with nose clip ear plugs of silicone,clean cloth and protection box cases to solve the problem that your glasses of no nose ear plugs. Ear plugs, nose clips are advanced silicone materials.
If you are a marathon swimmer and enjoy long laps without stopping, PHELRENA goggles may be for you. Thanks to their ergonomic design, these goggles are excellent at keeping water out—even during prolonged exercise. From 500-meter events to two-hour long practices, PHELRENA Professional Swim Goggles keep your eyes nice and dry.
The set comes with a nose clip, silicone earbuds, a cleaning cloth, and plastic case. They also offer protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Like most goggles, the anti-fog typically comes off after a few uses. However, you can prolong their life by proper maintenance and anti-fog spray.
>>>Best Swimming Goggles for Children<<<
It is important to start teaching your young ones about swimming early. But not all swimming goggles will fit both adults and children. Children require small goggles and more durable material. Whether your child is just learning to swim or competing in a summer league, here are several suggestions for newcomers.
COOLOO Kids Swim Goggles
- THE SAFEST MATERIAL: Made from odorless silicone, the goggles are latex and PVC free, which is especially recommended for your children. Give your children these goggles that can stay steadily during each and every water-based activity!
Don’t let the bright colors and cheap graphics fool you, COOLOO goggles are reliable and simple enough for a child to understand. And with odorless, hypoallergenic silicone, you won’t need to worry about exposing your child to harmful chemicals.
They also come in a variety of different colors, so your little one can express themselves any way they want. Their selection includes purple/pink, purple/blue, green//yellow, blue/yellow, black/blue, pink/yellow, green/blue and many more.
However, make sure always to help your child put on the goggles. COOLOO goggles do not have the most durable rubber band. As a result, loose clamps might snap, especially when a child puts on the product incorrectly.
COPOZZ Kids Swimming Goggles
- Special Design For Americans Kids ❤❤ Customized 3d ergonomic design kids swim goggles fit nicely with no leak. Soft one-piece frame cushions provide maximum comfort and protection. Fast-fitting head strap system with wide peripheral lens. Anti-slip dual strap design.
Do you have a child that is always fidgeting when you try to put on goggles? If the answer is yes, you might consider COPOZZ swimming goggles. The product is straightforward to put on and comfortable enough to stay on. Gone are the days of having to tighten and re-adjust your child’s goggles.
COPOZZ goggles feature wide lenses for maximum peripheral viewing and an easily adjustable head strap.
However, keep in mind COPOZZ is for younger kids. As such, they may be too small for some users. If your child’s head is more prominent than 58 centimeters, consider a different product.
The plastic on COPOZZ goggles is also a bit scratchable. Luckily, an easy-to-use case is included to help keep them safe when not in use.
Swim Elite Kids Swim Goggles
- COMFORT FIRST DESIGN: We believe that our boys and girls should have only the best gear when they learn to swim. Our goggles are only built from high quality premium materials, with soft Silicone Cushioned Frames and soft comfortable nose bridge for the best possible fit. Our straps are easily adjustable so your kids will always have a good fitting set of swimming goggles, even as they grow.
If your child is continually complaining about tightness or pinching from their goggles, I recommend Swim Elite Kids goggles. Swim Elite put comfort first when they designed their product. The kid goggles feature silicone cushioned rims and a soft, comfortable nose bridge. The material is odorless and hypoallergenic.
Swim Elite Kids Swim Goggles offer 100% UV protection and a 180-degree viewing lens. The set also comes with a car-shaped goggle case.
Unfortunately, these swim goggles sometimes have a hard time staying on, especially with more active swimming. These goggles are for children just learning how to swim, not a twelve-year-old in competitive swimming.
>>>Best Swimming Goggles for Competitive Swimmers<<<
Competitive swimmers need reliability from their goggles above all else. Whether they’re swimming a 200-meter event or the first part of a triathlon, swimmers must rely on goggles to compete to their full potential. As such, competitive swim goggles should stay on no matter what. In this section, I’ve included goggles I think are practical for any racer—professional or amateur.
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 is one of the most popular types of goggles in competitive swimming. But, they are not for everyone. The Vanquisher’s streamlined design may be too small for some individuals. Also, the mirrored lenses may be too dark for some swimmers, especially those in indoor pools.
However, there is a reason for their popularity. The goggles feature panoramic lenses that offer a wide angle of viewing. The cushions are made with silicone seals.
Speedo makes Vanquishers without latex or PVC, which makes them a good choice for swimmers with extensive allergy problems.
The goggles come in four different styles: blue, clear, smoke and white/navy.
HYX Swim Goggles
- [UPGRADED 2018 VERSION] FLEXIBLE SOFT NOSE BRIDGE - To provide a more comfortable wearing experience, thoughtfully designed, our swim goggles bridge is made of super soft and comfortable silicone, it can hold your goggle in great state. Non-slip, comfortable. Easy to use. Never hurt your nose.
I recommend HYX Swim Goggles for triathlon athletes—people who may not necessarily like to swim, but want to complete a full triathlon in its entirety nonetheless. These goggles are non-slip, easy to put on and comfortable.
HYX goggles have a soft, flexible nose bridge and colored, mirrored lenses. The lenses provide 135-150 degrees of vision. The slanted shape reduces drag.
While the nontraditional strap may look confusing, I find it very helpful for easy, on-the-go adjustments. Once triathlon athletes finish the first section of their race, it is removable with the press of a button.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles
- VISION + PERFORMANCE. Created with vision and performance in mind, the Gray/Orange Kayenne Swim Goggles are made with an oversized Plexisol clear lens, a Quick-Fit Buckle, silicone strap for comfort, stabilizing nose bridge, and Advanced Fit Technology.
The Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles are another type of underwater eyewear that looks a bit unorthodox in style. However, the unique, oversized design offers an incredibly extended amount of vision.
The modern optics designed around three key radii points provide the goggles with maximum functionality. The easily-adjustable rear band provides good compatibility for different head sizes.
Italy produces all Kayenne Swim Goggles. The lenses on Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles are Plexisol for a 4-point, 180-degree field of vision. Aqua Sphere treats the lenses with UV and anti-fog coating.
The goggles also come with four different lens options: clear, smoke, mirror and polarized. However, because of the Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles’ intentionally oversized designed, it may slide off some smaller faces.
Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Goggles
- UV - Taking eye protection seriously with UV protection. Maximum UVA and UVB protection against the sun's harmful rays
- Anti-Fog - Fogbuster for fog free swimming. Unique 4 Flexpoint Technology for enhanced frame flexibility to allow a comfortable fit for a wide variety of faces
If you want professional quality, look no further than the Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Goggles. Even though they’re a little more expensive, the Zoggs goggles do an excellent job of keeping water out and staying on during intense races. I recommend these goggles for long-term, everyday swimmers.
The Zoggs Predator also features new flexpoint technology, with four points for enhanced frame flexibility. Curved lens allows for a 180-degree panoramic view.
Unfortunately, the straps can be a little flimsy. However, with proper maintenance technique, these goggles will last a long time for any consistent swimmer.
>>>Best Swimming Goggles for Snorkeling<<<
Snorkeling with regular swimming goggles would be like going on a safari expedition without any binoculars: not very fun. Snorkeling is our way of viewing an alien universe—an underwater world we only see in movies. Of course, we cannot view this hidden ecosystem without the help of a trusty icon mask and snorkel. Here are a few sets I recommend.
U.S. Divers Icon Mask Set
- ICON MASK & SNORKEL: Comfort is key when it comes to underwater exploration. The ergonomically-designed components of the Icon combo are made with dual-material construction, all fashioned to give you a flexible, secure, customizable fit.
Back to my truck analogy, the U.S. Divers Icon Mask Set is the “old reliable” of snorkeling equipment. It gets the job done well, but not much else. The goggles keep water out and provide a clear view of the ocean floor.
I would recommend this set to a novice diver. Someone new to the activity who wants to practice the mechanics of diving or snorkeling, but not commit to an expensive set. Since it is an affordable set, there is no harm if you end up disliking it.
Unfortunately, the bare bones nature of the product may keep some individuals from enjoying their snorkeling experience in full. The top of the snorkel itself lacks an attachment to keep accidental water spillage from getting in the diver’s mouth.
ProDive Premium Dry Top Snorkel Set
- MAKES SWIMMING MORE FUN, SAFER, AND EASIER! This scuba mask and snorkle let you enjoy PERFECT VISION from the moment you put it on to the time you take it off! Durable adjustable silicone head strap has secure ratcheting buckles; mask strap clip features a quick-release design to allow the snorkel and diving mask to be separated quickly. Snorkeling gear for adults that is sure to be a hit!
The ProDive Premium Dry Top Snorkel Set is a better choice for more experienced divers. The snorkel has an underwater attachment that keeps out water from splashes and submersions.
The set also comes with a convenient waterproof carrying bag to store the snorkel and mask when not in use. The mask itself is made of high-quality tempered glass and effectively keeps out water and does not fog up.
Unfortunately, the ProDive Premium mask may be too small for some individuals’ faces—particularly adult males with larger features.
WACOOL Snorkeling Package
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: This snorkeling set for adults and teens comes with fully adjustable head straps and a high-grade silicon face skirt which molds to fit virtually any face shape. The ribbed design provides extra support and ensures a water-tight seal.
The WACOOL Snorkeling Package is another product I recommend for more experienced snorkelers—people who go snorkeling often and know they enjoy it. If you enjoy exploring coral reefs, this is the product for you.
The icon mask fits all sizes well and never lets water in. The snorkel features a purge piece for draining water and an anti-splash underwater attachment. The WACOOL set comes in a variety of different colors: yellow, blue, black and gray.
Unfortunately, the set does not include flippers, an option I feel many divers using the WACOOL would appreciate. It also has been known to fog up lightly, which may annoy some users.
Phantom Aquatics Panoramic
Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask
- Patented Tri-Window Design, Seamless Side Windows for Unobstructed View
- Revolutionary Push-Button Buckle for Easy and Quick Strap Adjustments
- Foldable and Flexible Buckle Attachment that Swivel with Facial Movement
Sometimes, all you need is a solid mask to cover your nose. Phantom Aquatic masks are perfect for freedivers, or people at the beach who hate getting water in their nose after a big wave knocks them over. The mask itself fits great, does not fog and keeps its seal.
It features a push-button buckle with a foldable buckle attachment to conform to the movements of the face. The strap technology is convenient and easy to adjust.
Though the Phantom Aquatic scuba mask is a solid choice, I would recommend it mainly for recreational swimmers instead of experienced snorkeling users.
>>>Best Anti-Fog Swimming Goggles<<<
Anti-fog seems to be the one quality that every goggle brand claims to have. A trip to any product review website will reveal that many customers complain their anti-fog feature is not working. The truth is no goggle is 100% “anti-fog” proof. Anti-fog coating naturally washes off goggles, especially those that have not been cared for properly. However, it is correct that some goggles are more effective than others at protecting against fog. Here are some products that I think excel at anti-fog.
Zerhunt Swim Goggles
- SUPER COMFORT -- Ultra-soft silicone gasket and improved nose piece provide extreme comfort that never hurt your nose or leave a mark on your face.No more tangled hair!
- NO LEAKING -- Our swim goggles have a unique, cushioned double-seal design that creates a perfect seal around your eyes, Never allow water leak in,So you can concentrate and enjoy leak-free swimming experience.
Zerhunt Swim Goggles are made with a soft silicone gasket and offer UV protection. The set comes with a nose clip, silicone earbuds and plastic case.
In addition to providing superior fog protection, Zerhunt Swim Goggles leak far less than many other pairs of goggles I tried in the past. The unique double seal technology forms a good seal every time. The product also features a clip-on strap, so there is no need to stretch the goggles around your head.
This clip-on strap is essential because the straps are prone to breaking when repeated stretching occurs. Another downside with Zerhunt Swim Goggles is their reduced visibility. Objects and people appear slightly blurry underwater.
Overall, Zerhunt goggles are an excellent choice for swimmers who care about the dependent anti-fog feature and keeping water out.
U-FIT Swimming Goggles
- 3D MEMORY SILICONE: U-FIT’s comfort silicone gaskets fits to your face shape, ensuring your swimming experience is comfortable.
- DOUBLE LAYER SEAL: The newly designed arc provides a double layer seal to help keep water leakage minimal and provide ample comfort.
U-FIT Swimming Goggles offer full range vision, UV protection, and an easily adjustable strap. The goggles have longer corners than other brands, which curve around the face. The silicone in the goggles is latex free, so it is an excellent choice for swimmers with allergies.
The transparent frames help combat the fog, and the product does an adequate job at keeping water out. The strap on the goggles also features the same ingenious design as the Zerhunt Swim Goggles. The U-FIT comes with a free case, ear plugs, and nose clip.
Unfortunately, the U-FIT goggles also make everything a little blurry. The nose bridge has also been known to pinch certain individuals.
Resurge Sports Swimming Goggles
- Shatter-Proof Polycarbonate lenses Anti-Fog with wide angle crystal clear view
- Resurge Sports Swim Goggles feature a Soft Silicon gaskets for a excellent seal and comfortable fit.
- Swimming goggle bungee strap provides a more durable, easy to adjust fit. Will be appreciated by Triathlon , competitive and recreational swimmers alike.
Resurge Sports Swimming Goggles are made with polycarbonate lenses which help prevent shattering. It features a bungee strap similar to the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0.
The set also comes with a protective carrying case and three interchangeable nose pieces.
I recommend Resurge Sports Swimming Goggles for people with smaller faces, especially woman and young children. Also, make sure to clean them properly. Some consumers report that the anti-fog coating comes off after repeated use.
>>>Best Prescription Swimming Goggles<<<
Many swimmers that wear glasses feel limited when they swim with goggles underwater. Contact lenses can be irritating to the eyes when around water, and swimming blind is not an option. Luckily, there are many brands of prescription swim goggles that cater to the visually-impaired. If you have your eyeglass prescription, you can calculate the diopter strength used by most prescription swim goggles. But first, you need to find one. Here are some of our top-rated picks.
TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggle
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested to give you the edge in all your activities
- Used by both professional and recreational users
- Fully adjustable offers an excellent option for swimmers who need a corrective goggle
The TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggle is a good choice for some, but not everybody. Unfortunately, the goggles will likely not fit many smaller faces. Most women should consider trying a different product.
But, if the TYR goggles do fit, they work well. The optics are of good quality, assuming you calculate your diopter strength accurately. They help swimmers with astigmatism or nearsightedness.
Swimmers concerned with anti-fog should look elsewhere. After approximately six individual usages, the anti-fog will begin to fade. But this can be rectified with anti-fog spray. The straps fit well and are adjustable, though not on the go.
Wave Prescription Unisex Swim Goggles
- Precisely corrective goggles with vision for near-sighted swimmers for competition and training purposes
- Mirror-coated prescription lens with UV protection and anti-fog layers, both functional and aesthetic
Wave Prescription Unisex Swim Goggles also offer superior optical correction compared to other brands. They fit well and do not slide off the face. Also, the set includes earplugs and a nosepiece.
Wave Prescription Unisex Swim Goggles include UV protection and a widened maximized lens angle. The materials are also allergy-free and toxic-free, so that you can feel good about your health and the environment.
Unfortunately, the lenses scratch easily on the inside of the goggles. To compensate for this, make sure to store the goggles safely after each use. That way no scratching occurs.
Zioner RX Prescription Swim Goggles
- High Performance - Special designed frame for adults face shape and reduce water resistance, unique nose gasket for better sealing, fits both round and narrow face. And it is suitable for men and women
Zioner RX Prescription Swim Goggles are the big daddies of the prescription goggle world. If you’ve been looking for a larger sized goggle, you found your match. They are shatter-resistant and rarely snap or break. The optics work well, and the design is stylish and modern.
The product is made with hypoallergenic silicone and features a large adjustable strap.
The Zioner Prescription Swim Goggles offer a large range of prescription diopters sizes, including: -2.0, -2.5, -3.0, -3.5, -4.0, -4.5, -5.0, -6.0, -7.0, -8.0, -9.0, -10.0.
The Zioner RX goggles are very comfortable with minimal strap pressure. Also, the includes free ear plugs and a nosepiece.
The one major downside is that water has been known to leak in occasionally.
How do you choose the Best Swimming Goggles?
We’ve given you plenty of choices, but ultimately choosing the best swimming goggles comes down to you. Goggles are an incredibly personal piece of swimming apparel. There are a variety of questions to ask when purchasing the right set of goggles.
1) Where will I use the goggles the most?
Are you purchasing swimming goggles for a triathlon? Or just an enjoyable day at the neighborhood pool? The environment you use your goggles in can be helpful when narrowing your search parameters. If you swim at the beach, a snorkel set might be more enjoyable and useful than low-visibility competitive swimming goggles.
2) Do I need prescription goggles?
Despite the fact that I wear glasses, I generally find that I don’t need prescription goggles when I swim laps in a pool. However, people with worse eyesight—or just individuals who want to see crystal clear underwater—should consider prescription goggles.
Many people wonder if it is safe to swim with contact lenses while wearing goggles. Generally speaking, no. Wearing contact lenses increases the risk of eye irritation and infection when you swim. Though goggles are a solid barrier protector, they are not a foolproof method. Water containing bacteria can enter the goggles and get in the eyes. Another common problem when swimming with contact lenses, is the lenses sometimes become dislodged while swimming.
Many companies cater to consumers with poor eyesight. To find your right diopter strength, find your most current glasses prescription and follow this formula: 1/2 of the cylinder + sphere = diopter strength.
If your eyes have two separate prescriptions, consider this alternative to ordering an expensive, custom-made prescription. Buy two different pairs of the same prescription goggles—one with the prescription for your right eye, and another with the prescription for your left eye. Choose goggles with a detachable nose clip, then just switch out the different lenses. Now you have two pairs of prescription lenses.
3) Will any kids be using them?
Let’s face it; kids are going to be a little rougher on goggles no matter how careful you tell them to be. Kids goggles should be both smaller and sturdier than adult goggles. Oversized eyewear can leak water, so it’s essential to find the right size. However, it is still important to remember what your kids will be doing. A four-year-old learning to kick should have different goggles than a twelve-year-old swimming in a competitive recreation league.
4) Do I need a larger or smaller size?
People come in all shapes and sizes; it’s a fact of life. Though some brands of goggles claim to be “one-size-fits-all,” this may not apply to everyone. Luckily, many brands offer specific measurements. Generally, the best way to get an accurate size for goggles is by measuring the distance, in millimeters, between the corner of your eyes.
Unfortunately, certain features—like an uncomfortable nose bridge or an annoying strap—come down to trial and error. Facial features, like a large nose or small face, can affect which goggles you use. Be on the lookout for the size features when shopping.
5) Do I need UV protection in my goggles?
If you anticipate swimming outside a lot, UV protection is a must. Ultraviolet rays can penetrate our goggles and affect our eyesight in negative ways. These rays cause genetic mutations in a DNA which can lead to diseases like cancer. Many swimming goggles include UV protection, which shields your eyes from the harsh rays emitted by the sun, so be on the lookout if you are not swimming regularly indoors.
Here’s The Proper Way
to Wear Swimming Goggles
Even though everyone thinks they know how to put on swimming goggles, the incorrect technique can harm or destroy the product. No one wants to lose their favorite pair of goggles—especially after spending so much time finding the perfect one. So, for the sake of our underwater eyewear and our wallets, let’s look at the proper way to put them on and to keep them on.
Putting On Your New Swim Goggles
First, loosen the swimming goggles enough to fit over your head comfortably. I broke many pairs of goggles during swim team carelessly trying to squeeze a tight band around my oversized head. Lesson learned: loosen then tighten, not the other way around.
Next, place the goggles against your eyes and wrap the band around your head. Use your finger to separate the bridge from your nose. The plastic band should rest on the back of your head. Make sure the straps run parallel to, and above, your ears.
Once the swimming goggles are positioned comfortably around your head, use the straps to tighten the product. Make sure the goggles are not applying too much pressure to your eyeballs. The belt should be firm, but not tight.
Finally, make sure any hair near or around your face is swept clear for the goggles. Trapped hair can often break the seal, leading to leakage. Now you’re ready to swim.
How to Stop Your Swim Goggles from Leaking
Nothing is more annoying than water leaking into a pair of goggles. While even the best swimming goggles eventually lose their seal, measures can be taken to stop leaking. If your goggles show signs of damage, try boiling them in hot water for five minutes. After the goggles have cooled for a few minutes, press them against your face. Doing so will help remold them.
While swimming, make sure not to be too expressive. Smiling, laughing or talking too much can move facial muscles. This movement breaks the seal of the goggles. Practice swimming with a neutral face.
The #1 Way To Make Your Swimming Goggles LAST
There are a variety of prudent ways to care for your new swim goggles. The most important thing to remember is to not touch the goggle lenses, especially the inside of them. Dirt and oil from fingertips will dirty the glass and remove the anti-fog on most types of goggles. From storing to cleaning, here are a few more tips on proper goggle maintenance.
How To Store Swimming Goggles
When your goggles aren’t in use, proper storage may not be the first thing you think about, but it’s important and can prolong the life of your pair.
How to Clean Swimming Goggles
Unless you want to be continually buying new goggles, regular cleaning should be one of your top priorities. Aside from washing with clean water—which you should regularly do—you can also wash your goggles with dish soap. Just moisten your fingers in soapy water and rub the dirt away. Afterward, leave the goggles out to dry on a rack or hanger of some sort.
For harder the remove stain, there is another method to clean your goggles safely. Find a small bowl and fill it with five tablespoons of white vinegar. Place your goggles in the solution for two hours. Then, remove them and wash with clean water. Never use cleaning solvents or similar product, as this will damage the lenses.
How to Deal with Anti-fog Wearing Off
One of the most common complaints about goggles is the anti-fog not working or wearing off. Unfortunately, this is a natural degradation that occurs in almost all types of goggles. However, with proper maintenance, the life of the goggles can be prolonged.
If even with adequate support, you find that the anti-fog is still wearing off I would recommend buying some anti-fog spray. Personally, my favorite brand is Jaws Quick Spit Anti-fog Spray.
- 200+ pumps per bottle
- All natural ingredients
- Works on glass and plastic
- Use for wet or dry applications
- Proudly Made in the USA
Now take your new swimming goggles…swimming!
So, now that you have a pair of goggles it is time to go swimming. Regardless of the context, swimming is an extremely beneficial form of play and exercise when it comes to health benefits. In addition to being a good source of fun, swimming is a great way to meet new friends and acquaintances. The swimming community is one of different passions and skill levels, but it is always open to new members.
Swimming is one of the few exercises that is a low impact activity. This means that swimming is not as hard on the joints as say running or weightlifting. High impact activities, though good for muscles development, puts intense strain on specific sections of the body. Once the enamel between the bones wears away, it will not come back. Swimming does not pose this threat. Swimmers can continue to exercise for life.
One of the reasons swimming is an excellent all-around activity is the numerous organs and muscles that are engaged while swimming. Swimming is good for your heart and takes some of the impact stress away from your body. It helps strengthen endurance, the respiratory system, and the cardiovascular system. Swimming helps many individuals maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
Here’s some activities to try with your swim goggles:
- A recreational swim league
- Casual lap swimming practice
- Searching for shells underwater at the beach
- A fun water park
- Water polo
- Swimming aerobics
- Casual neighborhood pool play for kids
- Eye protection during water sports like wakeboarding and surfing
Ultimately, choosing the best swimming goggles depends on the context your buying them in. Are you a novice lap swimmer interested in a new form of exercise? Then you’ll need a different product then the snorkeler looking for the best snorkel mask. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. Still, in my opinion, there are still specific goggles that are naturally superior to others.
With that being said, my favorite pair of swimming goggles on this list are the Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles. Whether you’re swimming for pleasure, competitively or exercise, these goggles have all the features I find essential: comfort, no leaking and easy to use. Because of this, I think they’re the best swimming goggles on the list.