You probably know what it’s like to take off in a morning rush, get 5 minutes into your drive and realize you are without a pair of sunglasses. The sun is out in full force and squinting just isn’t helping. In fear of becoming a hazard on the highway, you stop at the nearest gas station for a cheap pair of $5 glasses.
Problem solved, right?
Well, not really. Cheap sunglasses often don’t have polarized lenses or the necessary technology to protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
And although you have an easier time seeing through cheap shades compared to not wearing anything at all, your eyes are still at risk.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of our 25 favorite polarized sunglasses so that you’ll never have to worry again (unless you forget them at home!).
The 25 Best Polarized Sunglasses (Summer 2019)
Plus, we’ve answered a few questions you might have about how to choose the best polarized sunglasses and what sets each pair apart.
Let’s take a look at the list.
- The 25 Best Polarized Sunglasses (Summer 2019)
- Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses
- MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Vintage Sunglasses
- J+S Premium Military Style Classic Aviator Sunglasses
- Carfia Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
- Duduma Tr601 Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Cloudfield Bamboo Sunglasses
- IALUKU Aviator Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
- Aiblii Polarized Sunglasses for Women
- Soxick Polarized Sports Sunglasses For Men
- Fitfort Polarized Sports Sunglasses with 5 Interchangeable Lenses
- Maui Jim Baby Beach
- Aiblii Rimless Women’s Oversized Mirrored Cat Eye Sunglasses
- J+S Active PLUS Cycling Outdoor Sports Athlete’s Sunglasses
- Cloudfield Wood Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
- Yodo Fit Over Glasses Sunglasses with Polarized Lenses for Men and Women
- Fiore Oceanside Polarized Wrap Nearly Invisible Line Bifocal Sunglass Readers
- Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses
- Bircen Mens Womens Night Vision Driving Polarized Sports Design
- PRIVÉ REVAUX ICON Collection “The Hepburn” Designer Polarized Retro Cat-Eye Sunglasses
- Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator
- Island Life Rimless Sunglasses TR90 Frame for Men and Women
- Zealme Retro Polarized Sunglasses
- Maui Jim Mens Lighthouse Sunglasses
- DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses
- Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses
- Polarized Sunglasses Buyer’s Guide
- The Winner: Ray-Ban RB 2132 New Wayfarers
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses, Black (622), 52 mm
- Unisex non-polarized sunglasses: The Ray-Ban New Wayfarer sunglasses feature the legendary Ray-Ban crystal lenses. Made from high-quality glass, Ray-Ban lenses are prescription ready.
- 100% UV protection: To protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, these non-Polarized sunglasses include glass lenses that are coated with 100% UV protection.
The classic Wayfarer gets a slight update in this new design. They’re polarized lenses with a plastic frame designed to be universally flattering. They’re ergonomic and although they’re a plastic frame, have a right amount of weight to them.
They have polarized, crystallized lenses that aren’t mirrored and have a suitable green/blue gradient. They enhance color without feeling too psychedelic. They’ve changed the classic design slightly to reduce the extreme tilt of the top of the lenses. These feel a bit more natural on the face, but be advised that the new style might feel a bit bigger and less restrictive than the old style.
On some glasses, the hinges squeak a little bit, but it’s not too noticeable. For many pairs, there’s no noticeable noise.
- There’s a less extreme angle than the classic design.
- Ray Bans are an established brand with an excellent reputation
- There’s an excellent green/blue gradient
- The hinges squeak on some of the pairs.
- If you’re a fan of the classic Wayfarers, these might be too much of a change.
MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Vintage Sunglasses
MERRY'S Unisex Polarized Aluminum Sunglasses Vintage Sun Glasses For Men/Women S8286 (Blue,...
- POLARIZED LENS - Polarized sunglasses reduce glare reflected off of roads, bodies of water, snow, and other horizontal surfaces. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly. Polarized sunglasses cut glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better.
Our first pair of glasses is a unisex pair with simple gray lenses. They’re a lightweight composite poly-carbonate, which is comfortable and very wearable for long-term use. They’re a simple wayfarer style that looks good on many different types of faces.
The lenses provide true colors and are highly durable. They provide UV400 protection to further reduce the impact of the sun’s rays on delicate eye tissues.
The metal frame is durable as well and provides an excellent weight instead of cheap plastic, but not enough weight that the glasses aren’t comfortable. The arm joints can sometimes loosen throughout regular use, so you shouldn’t wear them on your head to prevent stressing those joints.
- The metal frame feels weighty in a good way.
- The lenses are gray with accurate color reflection.
- Classic style looks good on many different faces.
- Arm joints can get loose if you don’t take care of them.
- Some develop wear-spots if they’re out of protection in your bag.
- If you have longer hair, the logo might catch strands.
J+S Premium Military Style Classic Aviator Sunglasses
J+S Premium Military Style Classic Aviator Sunglasses, Polarized, 100% UV protection (Silver...
- POLARIZED & FLASH MIRROR LENS – J+S polarized multi layer specialised filter lens are are tough, lightweight, scratch resistant, and have high optical clarity (distortion free, clear vision), making them an excellent choice for general outdoor and water sports activities. Now comes with additional reflective optical coating (Revo/Flash Mirror Lens) - design to reflect and minimize glare from the harshest sunglight providing ultimate comfort and improved visibility.
Who doesn’t love a good pair of polarized aviators? These are military-style metal frames with mirrored polarized lenses. They come in a variety of lens and frame colors, so you can pick something that suits your needs.
They’re scratch resistant and very durable. The extra mirrored coating helps provide further protection from the sun’s rays. The frame has spring loaded hinge legs with adjustable nose pads, so the fit stays tight and comfortable.
They’re rated 400 UV, so they block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays. The metal alloy frame is very lightweight without feeling cheap. The unisex design fits both men and women in two different sizes, large and medium.
- Metal alloy frame has just the right amount of weight.
- Silicon nose pieces are adjustable, which provides a more comfortable feel.
- A wide variety of lens and frame colors.
- They don’t have much curvature in the lens.
- Colors don’t have as much clarity
- The ultra-dark lenses might not be comfortable for some people.
Carfia Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
Vintage Round Sunglasses - Carfia Polarized Sunglasses for Women Men, 100% UV400...
- UV400 Protection: Keeping your eyes healthy without strain, and blocking out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Carfia UV400 rated sunglasses are essential to protect your eyes against long - term UV damage and keep your eyes healthy when out and about.
Carfia’s vintage style glasses are acetate frames with a fun circle style. They come in a variety of lens and frame colors. The nose bridge is very comfortable because it hits the bridge of the nose precisely right. They’re very ergonomic, making them more comfortable for long-term wear.
The lenses are polycarbonate, which is scratch resistant. Although they’re polarized, they reduce optical distortion and haze present in traditional polarized lenses. They’re best for everyday wear and casual activities like driving or moderate exercise, for example.
They come with a soft lens wipe and a hardshell case. Though the glasses are corrosion proof, you’ll want to avoid getting them wet. They’re small frame sunglasses, so although they’re universally flattering, they might not fit if you have a more massive head.
- The ergonomic design is very comfortable
- They’re excellent for casual wear
- Stylish design created by a designer for a vintage look.
- They’re on the small side, so if you’ve got a large head, they might not work.
- Lenses are very dark.
- No adjustable nose bridge pieces
Duduma Tr601 Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Duduma Tr601 Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Baseball Cycling Fishing Golf Superlight Frame...
- UNIQUE DESIGN-Combining the best of performance eyewear with versatile style, the Duduma Sunglasses have a clean, lightweight design and ventilation ideal for running, training, and beyond.
- UNBREAKABLE FRAME-Bendable frames are made of a flexible composite material. They are unbreakable and will return to the original shape even after being bent.
Duduma’s polarized classes are a sports frame made of lightweight composite material. They come in a variety of lens and frame colors. They are 100% UVA/UVB protected and have a 1005 polarized coating.
The frames are highly flexible and made of lightweight composite material. They’re meant to be comfortable and conform to the face, so they aren’t in the way during sporting events. They’re mostly unbreakable and will return to their original shape after bending them.
The package comes with a hardshell case, a soft bag that cleans, and a soft cleaning cloth. Be sure you only use the gentle material to clean the lenses so that you don’t damage the coating.
- They’re extremely durable.
- they conform to the face and have an ergonomic nose bridge piece
- They fit well against a broad head.
- The earpieces are straight, so they might need a band.
- Some pairs lose the coating when in contact with sunscreen.
- Part of the earpieces is sharp and might be uncomfortable.
Cloudfield Bamboo Sunglasses
Wood Sunglasses Polarized for Men and Women by CLOUDFIELD - Wooden Wayfarer...
- ️ COOL STYLE and PERFECT GIFT IDEA: Unlike any other dark sunglasses for women, our bamboo sunglasses are fun and stylish, yet made for all-day wear. The frame is lightweight and offers a premium look. The stylish and functional design of these wooden sunglasses makes them a great gift idea for everyone this holiday season
Cloudfield’s polarized glasses are handmade bamboo frames that come in three different lens colors, black, blue, and brown. They’re lightweight, and the bamboo is a satisfying tactile sensation that keeps them in place.
They have nine layered protection with UV coverings and polarization. They protect you from 100% of harmful UV rays without hazing or clouding. The bamboo is durable, plus the fit is a classic wayfarer design that’s universally flattering.
The package comes with a protective hardshell case plus a pouch. There’s also a microfiber cleaning cloth so that you don’t damage the coatings. They’re CE and ISO certified as eye protectors.
- Bamboo frames are a unique look.
- Handmade frames are ergonomic and very comfortable.
- The hinges have an outward flex, so they fit a full face.
- Some frames leave a slight brown mark on the nose from the varnish.
- The company doesn’t offer any replacements if the frames break.
- They don’t float at all. If you spend a lot of time on the water, beware.
IALUKU Aviator Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
IALUKU Aviator Polarized Sunglasses Metal Frame Pilot Glasses Men Women (Black /...
Ialuku’s aviators are unisex polarized glasses with a sleek metal frame. They have an anti-reflective coating that blocks out 99% percent of UV rays. They’re lightweight and well balanced with a spring hinge that fits a variety of face widths.
The lens size is suitable for both men and women, and both the frames and lenses come in a variety of colors. Each color coordinates for a designer look. The package comes with a cleaning cloth, pouch, hard case, and a mini screwdriver to adjust the hinges.
- The metal frame is durable and has a nice weight
- Lenses come in a variety of colors including a lighter blue and red.
- Arm pieces are covered in a silicone sleeve to help them grip more tightly.
- The bridge pieces are a little loose.
- The hinge flex might be too much for some narrower faces.
Aiblii Polarized Sunglasses for Women
Aiblii Polarized Sunglasses for Women Gifts UV400 Protection Designer Sun Glasses
These polarized glasses are a designer style that’s a little bit unexpected. They’re designed to be flattering on a variety of face types and sizes. The frames are a combination of plastic and metal with roundish lenses.
They have 100% UV blocking and polarization that helps restore exact color across the spectrum including blue and green. They’re impact resistant and have an ergonomic design that’s very comfortable. The arm pieces are adjustable in length to help get the exact right fit.
The lenses are a rose color that gradually lightens towards the bottom. The seven layers help reduce scratching and impacts, provide UV blocking and polarization, and prevent glare. The unique lens color eliminates distortion despite the weather conditions and gives you accurate to life color.
- Arm pieces are adjustable in length.
- The polycarbonate lenses are highly durable.
- The design is unique and trendy.
- The hinge over-flexes.
- The lenses are light and may not block bright light as much as you’d like.
- They don’t come with a sunglasses pouch, only the hardshell case.
Soxick Polarized Sports Sunglasses For Men
Soxick Polarized Sports Sunglasses For Men UV400 Metal Men's Fashion Retro Wayfarer...
- CLEARER VISION - Polarized lenses made with highest quality material. They are UV-proof and prevent reflection light of the road, snow, sea and other light. Truly protect your eyes from the harms of light reflection.
These retro driving style wayfarers have anti-reflective lenses and durable aluminum and magnesium frames. They provide 100% UV protection in addition to polarization. They have excellent color resolution and are suitable for casual activities and some more intense ones as well.
The frames are very durable and lightweight. The nosepiece can be adjusted for comfort, and the hinges have a gentle outward flex to adapt to a variety of faces. The earpieces are covered in slip-resistant material to help them grip your ears.
The lenses are a scratch resistant plastic. They provide an excellent light blockage without hazing or distortion.
- Retro wayfarer design looks good on a variety of faces.
- They are lightweight without feeling cheap.
- The lens color provides excellent coverage without distortion.
- The nose grips aren’t appropriate for extreme sports.
- The angle of the lenses might not be comfortable for some wearers.
- The metal piece that holds the nose pad is delicate.
Fitfort Polarized Sports Sunglasses with 5 Interchangeable Lenses
Polarized Sport Sunglasses with 5 Fashion Lenses - FITFORT UV400 Protection Tr...
- FIVE INTERCHANGEABLE LENSESs All lens 100％UV400 protective coating, block 100% harmful UVA and UVB rays by Revo coating design. Restore true color, eliminate reflected and scattered light, make scenery clearer and softer, protect eyes perfectly. Five replacement lenses the main one is colorful lenses, black lens is polarized,yellow one is used for night activities, black used for driving and other activities
These sports style sunglasses are excellent for people who can’t decide what color to get. They come in five different colors of interchangeable lenses. They’re durable poly-carbonate that resists scratching and cracking.
The nose piece is a soft memory foam that conforms to the face and is safe to use during serious sports events. The jacket-less design provides a better, brighter field of view. The frames are lightweight and won’t get in the way.
The package comes with the sports frame, five different lenses, and a crush resistant case. There’s also a lanyard, and you’re entitled to 24 hours of professional service. The lens colors include a multicolor for intense bright light, transparent for anti-fogging, yellow for dusk or low light, and blue for steady light. There’s also a black lens for good all-purpose usage.
- The interchangeable lenses mean you always have the right lens for the conditions.
- The molded nose piece is perfect for sports.
- They’re very lightweight.
- Removing and adding the lenses can be difficult.
- Carrying case isn’t very durable.
- Interchangeable lenses mean you’re constantly cleaning fingerprints.
Maui Jim Baby Beach
Maui Jim Baby Beach
- Case Included
- Lenses are prescription ready (Rx-able)
Maui Jim is a classic beach sunglasses company with excellent polarization. This pair is a traditional aviator style with a metal frame and a few different colors of lenses. Their composite materials are durable and resistant to scratching.
The titanium frame is meant to fit small to medium width faces structures. The company started in Hawaii to help block the harsh rays of the Hawaiian sun. They are polarized to help reduce glare and block harmful UV rays.
They can be retrofitted with prescription lenses directly from the Maui Jim company. The hinges provide the right amount of outward flex, and the nose pieces are ergonomic and comfortable.
- You can retrofit them with prescription lenses.
- The quality of Maui Jim glasses is outstanding.
- The frame fits smaller faces well.
- They aren’t very lightweight.
- They won’t fit larger faces very well.
Aiblii Rimless Women’s Oversized Mirrored Cat Eye Sunglasses
These rimless glasses are a fun take on polarized lenses. They’re a small cat’s eye vintage style pair with a fun updated rimless look. The frame is plastic and very flexible. They have nine layers of coatings that provide polarization and 1005 UV protection.
The oversized frame looks unique and stylish. The spring hinges provide a good fit for a few different sizes of faces. The nose pieces are also adjustable for a more ergonomic fit. The lenses are mirrored for extra light filtering, plus privacy (no one can see your eyes).
- The design is unique and trendy.
- They come with a hard case to protect them.
- The design is very comfortable.
- There’s no curvature of the lens, so it sometimes causes a reflection in the peripheral view.
- The cat eye might be too big for some faces.
- They’re thicker in real life than they look in the image.
J+S Active PLUS Cycling Outdoor Sports Athlete’s Sunglasses
J+S Active PLUS Cycling Outdoor Sports Athlete's Sunglasses, Polarized, 100% UV protection...
Our second J+S pair is an active sports sunglasses style. They have an ergonomic nose piece that conforms to your face but won’t cause injury to the nose during sporting activities. The composite lenses and frames are scratch resistant and durable.
They’re lightweight, and the curvature of the lens provides excellent clarity without reflection or distortion. They come in a variety of lens and frame color combinations. The earpieces are made of non-slip materials that help grip the ears and provide a better fit. They come with a warranty for both lenses and frames.
- They hug the face carefully.
- The nose piece is ergonomic for sports activities.
- Polycarbonate material lenses resist scratching and shattering.
- They aren’t well vented and tend to fog up.
- They’re wider than average.
- The nose piece might be uncomfortable if you plan to wear them under a helmet.
Cloudfield Wood Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
Wood Sunglasses Polarized for Men and Women by CLOUDFIELD - Wayfarer Style...
This is another wooden pair of sunglasses in a unisex style. It’s a great style for many different types of faces and many different widths. They offer UV protection without haze or glare, plus polarization for better color contrasts.
The vintage wooden frames have an excellent outward flex that helps them stay on your face without slipping. The package comes with a hardshell case, a microfiber pouch, and a soft cloth for cleaning. They feature a wood burned design that’s unique and provides visual interest.
- The material doesn’t cause the skin to sweat with contact the way some plastic frames do.
- A nine-layer coating prevents UV rays and harmful glare.
- They don’t leave indents on the temple the way some heavier frames do.
- Some of the arms are attached unevenly.
- Wood burned design is inconsistent.
- There’s no choice of lens colors.
Yodo Fit Over Glasses Sunglasses with Polarized Lenses for Men and Women
Yodo Fit Over Glasses Sunglasses with Polarized Lenses for Men and Women,...
- Fits over your normal reading glasses (Lens height within 42mm) or prescription glasses
- 100% UV400 Protection Lens,Blocks 100% Harmful UVA,UVB & UVC Rays
- Polarized lenses eliminate glare and reduce eye fatigue
If you’ve got prescription glasses but don’t want to get sunglasses for your lenses (or maybe you need a backup pair), these fit over glasses might be a good choice. They’re a full fit and designed to glide over an existing pair of glasses.
They provide polarized protection and UV protection. They block 100% of UVA and UVB rays for better protection. The polycarbonate frame is durable and shatter-resistant. You can choose three different widths of glasses, but the styles aren’t all available in each size.
They won’t distort colors or cause hazing. They come with a hard case, a soft pouch, a cleaning cloth, and a testing card to help reveal polarization. Wear the glasses and look at the card to see the hidden picture.
- They fit over existing glasses.
- They’re available in three different sizes.
- They significantly reduce glare.
- The lenses are very dark, darker than you might be used to.
- The design isn’t the most attractive. They’re more functional than stylish.
- The frames are average quality, but they’re relatively durable.
Fiore Oceanside Polarized Wrap Nearly Invisible Line Bifocal Sunglass Readers
Fiore Oceanside Polarized Wrap Nearly Invisible Line Bifocal Sunglass Readers [Black, 1.50]
- POLARIZED BIFOCAL LENS - Polarized lens eliminates glare from shiny objects such as chrome bumpers, mirrors, & water. Polarized bifocal sunglasses help you preserve your eye health by reducing eye strain and fatigue. Polarized bifocal sunglasses are convenient. It's just that simple. No longer will you need to carry multiple pairs of glasses around with you. These glasses are excellent for golf, cycling, motorcycle riding, boating, sailing and driving.
Ok, you don’t have glasses all the time. You need readers for taking in a good book sometimes. Reading on the beach can be a significant strain on your eyes. These polarized glasses have invisible bifocal readers in the lens, so you can read with less stress.
The plastic lenses and frame are comfortable and lightweight. They’re a wraparound style that stays on your head and hugs your nose, so they won’t slip while your head is inclined reading. They’re clear for other types of sporting activities, but allow you to read without having to remove your sunglasses each time.
They come in two different styles. There’s a black frame with gray lenses and a tortoiseshell frame with amber lenses.
- Bifocals are built into the lens for easier reading.
- You can order the correct reading strength.
- The bifocal is invisible.
- If you don’t need bifocals, these aren’t for you.
- There are only two styles to choose.
- The reader area is somewhat small.
Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses
Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses
- Costa's most high tech lens - 400 Glass provides superior clarity, scratch-proof, 100% UV protection and the best polarizing efficiency available.
- Green Mirror Polarized enhances vision and contrast, great for fishing inshore and on flats.
The best Costa Del Mar sunglasses are the originals, the Costa Fantail. These classic sunglasses look good on a variety of faces and provide excellent coverage for reducing glare. They’re UV coated, and the poly-carbonate material is scratch resistant and shatter-resistant.
You can choose from a variety of frame and lens colors. Each lens color provides a different benefit, so your choice more closely reflects your circumstances. They’re built by hand and come with a lifetime warranty.
They’re one of the best fishing sunglasses out there because of their customization and lifetime warranty. They reduce harmful glare from the water without interfering with color contrasts. These will be one of the best fishing sunglasses.
- The sunglasses are guaranteed for life.
- Each pair is hand assembled for quality purposes.
- They come in a variety of colors.
- If left in the direct heat, the rubber part of the sunglasses becomes brittle.
- They’re highly susceptible to fog.
- There are minor blind spots towards the sides.
Bircen Mens Womens Night Vision Driving Polarized Sports Design
Mens Womens Night Vision Driving Polarized Sports Design Anti Glare Glasses with...
- FIream night vison sunglasses The glasses with POLARIZED yellow lens blocks headlight glare and provides you a clearer vision at dark night, rainy or foggy day, makes your driving more safe and easy.
- The glasses is stylish cause regtangle lenses with ellipse angel integrated with fashion design frame. You could also wear it for fishing, skating, cycling, running, and all outdoor activities.
These polarized glasses are great for driving during low light conditions when the sun is setting or rising, but likely to be reflecting off a flat surface. They make excellent driving glasses because of their color.
The frameless bottom portion helps reduce blind spots and make it easier for you to see in a broader range. They cut down on reflections on the interior of the lens as well. The metal frame is a sports style, but they’re best for casual activities.
The nose pieces are adjustable for a better fit, and the arms are rubberized for grip, so they don’t slide down the bridge of your nose. If you’re in a situation where you have bright light, they weaken the glare of the sun, but won’t dim your surroundings.
- Frameless design prevents blind spots.
- The metal frame provides a pleasing weight.
- The plastic lenses are scratch resistant and durable.
- Yellow lenses don’t block out as much light overall.
- They don’t block out the glare of headlights as much as they should.
- The nose pieces might be uncomfortable for some people.
PRIVÉ REVAUX ICON Collection “The Hepburn” Designer Polarized Retro Cat-Eye Sunglasses
PRIVÉ REVAUX ICON Collection “The Hepburn” Handcrafted Designer Polarized Retro Cat-Eye Sunglasses...
- Life’s a Party, Dress for It: With an important look, a solid profile, and an unmatched beauty, The Hepburn is just as iconic and fashionable as its namesake and features warm copper tortoiseshell plastic and metal frames, and brown cat-eye lenses
The Icon collection is styled after some very famous leading ladies. These cat eye sunglasses mimic the Hepburn look with the oversized cat eye in a fun tortoise shell design. The gradient lens allows more light without adding glare. The frames come in black as well.
They can be retrofitted with prescription lenses for stylish prescription sunglasses. The polycarbonate frame resists scratching and shattering. They have a pleasing weight and provide accurate to life color without altering what you see too much.
They have reinforced metal hinges for a better, more precise fit. The logo and a small design are laser-engraved on the interior of one of the arms.
- Ultra stylish design is flattering on many different face shapes.
- They come in a few classic options.
- They can be retrofitted for prescription glasses.
- The nose piece isn’t adjustable.
- Some of the lenses show your eyes.
- The logo is a little too large.
Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator
Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator Large Metal Non-Mirrored Polarized Sunglasses, Gold/Green, 55mm
- CLASSIC AVIATOR SUNGLASSES: Protect your eyes with style made famous by aviators since 1937. Ray-Ban RB3025 Large Metal Aviator Sunglasses are superior unisex glasses with multiple frame and lens options.
Rayban is once again on the list for a classic design, the aviator. These lenses are a pleasing gray set into a metal frame that’s comfortable and lightweight. The polarization is excellent, no hazing or distortion.
The drop shaped lens looks good on a variety of faces. They fit small to medium faces very well without causing digging into the temples. The earpieces have a no-slip grip that keeps them from slipping down your nose as you move around. The nose pieces are adjustable for comfort.
Raybans are lovely glasses, and the company stands by their products. These have a drop shape that’s a well-known feature of any designer aviators. The lenses aren’t mirrored, but they’re still really cool.
- Frame fits well with small face shapes.
- The colors are good contrasts.
- No slip grip earpieces.
- The thin metal arm pieces bend a little too easily.
- Some pairs show wear in the protective coating after minimal wear.
- They’re quite an investment.
Island Life Rimless Sunglasses TR90 Frame for Men and Women
Island Life Rimless Sunglasses TR90 Frame for Men and Women - Available...
- ★ 100% UV400 Protection – These non-polarized lenses are anti-UV. Sports Sunglasses restores true color, eliminating reflected light and scattering light, providing you with clearer and softer scenery. We pursue a glare-free vision for you. They are suitable for any climate and weather conditions.
Island Life’s unisex sunglasses are a durable polycarbonate frame with a choice of a few different colors of lenses and frames. They’re durable and comfortable. The frameless design helps increase your field of vision and reduce blind spots.
The lenses are shatterproof. They’re great for casual activities. The green lenses are especially useful for golf and other outdoor sports. It has a no-slip neoprene nose bridge that prevents them from slipping, and the lenses are also anti-fog.
They’re lightweight and good for different kinds of sporting events. They’re similar in fit to many more expensive sports glasses but are less of an investment.
- Neoprene nose bridge prevents slipping.
- Anti-fog design is suitable for outdoor morning activities or humidity.
- The frameless design reduces blind spots.
- They fit very close to the face. If you’re used to a wayfarer style, these might be uncomfortable.
- The plastic overextends too easily.
- The coating on the lenses is difficult to clean.
Zealme Retro Polarized Sunglasses
Zealme Polarized Rectangle Sunglasses for Men Women TAC HD Vision Plastic Lens...
- 【 TAC POLARIZED LENS 】- Special TAC lens can block 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays for your eyes. HD vision will give you a comfortable feeling under the sun. Polarization design can eliminate glare for safe driving.
Zealme’s retro style sunglasses are fully polarized and fully UV protected. The coating blocks 100% of UVA and UVB rays while reducing glare and distortion. The metal frame is lightweight but ultra-durable. It has a nice outward flex to prevent marks across your temples and to be more comfortable for long-term wear.
The silicone nose is ergonomic and prevents slippage. The plastic lens is scratch resistant and shatter-resistant under most circumstances. They come in three different styles, black with black lenses, brown with brown lenses, and gray with black lenses.
They come with both a hardshell case and a soft pouch, a cleaning cloth, and a polarization test card.
- Silicone nose provides grip even when you’re sweating.
- There are three classic styles.
- The metal is lightweight and won’t leave marks.
- They don’t come in any specialty lens colors, only standard.
- They are best for casual wear.
- Arm pieces aren’t straight but aren’t quite bent enough for our taste.
Maui Jim Mens Lighthouse Sunglasses
Maui Jim Sunglasses - Lighthouse / Frame: Gloss Black Lens: Polarized Neutral...
- Frame Type Full Rim
- Product Dimensions: 65 / 13 / 127
- Frames have a direct impact on your face shape - to give balance and proportions to the face, the frame shape should be in contrast with the face shape. This Rectangle model looks best on Oval-Round faces
Maui Jim’s Lighthouse style is a sports style with straight arm pieces and no slip grips. They come in three different lens and frame combinations, and all are polarized. They are lightweight and fit very well against the temples without causing marks. They’re frameless, so you have a better field of vision without blind spots.
They provide 100% UV protection. The polycarbonate lens is scratch and shatter-resistant. The multilayer lens design reduces glare but helps increase contrast for better color representation. They are excellent sunglasses for a variety of sporting activities.
They aren’t as durable as some Maui Jim models, which makes them best for casual activities or slower moving sports. They’ll also benefit from some sunglass straps.
- Straight earpieces provide a lot of leeway in the fit.
- The frameless design cuts down on blind spots.
- They have excellent color contrast.
- They’re somewhat delicate.
- They don’t have many colors to choose.
- They’re best for very casual activities.
DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses
DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses for Men
- 【TAC Polarized Lens】 UV400 Protection Coating blocks 100% of harmful UVA & UVB rays. Visually restores true color, eliminates reflected or scattered light. TAC polarized triacetate lenses are impact and scratch resistant, lightweight and durable! See the related video shorts under Product Description of a lens being hit with a hammer!
Duco’s sports glasses are fully polarized and fully UV protected. They block up to 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays without hazing or causing distortion. They have a bottom frameless design to improve the field of vision, but the sturdy MG-alloy is durable and shatter-resistant.
They’re great for more extreme sports because they provide excellent coverage without adding blind spots. The lenses are scratch and shatter resistant. They come with a lifetime guarantee. They come in a wide range of lens and frame colors so you can choose the best glasses for your particular circumstances.
The package comes with a mini screwdriver, a hard case, a soft pouch and a cleaning cloth.
- They are extremely durable.
- The nose pad has excellent grip.
- The frames and nose pieces can be bent (gently) for a more precise fit.
- The finish rubs off quickly around the hinges.
- They’re susceptible to lens flare when driving in the direction of the sun.
- The lens curve causes some reflection.
Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses
Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses
- Lens: Plutonite
- Frame: lightweight sheet metal
- Nose/Temple Pads: Unobtanium nose and ear pads
- Face Size: medium
- Base Curve: 6
Oakley’s lightweight but extremely durable Holbrook design aims to deliver sunglasses that can be worn for extended periods of time. They’re made from a composite material proprietary to Oakley, and they have a three-point fit that helps them stay in place.
They come in a variety of frame and lens colors, plus the lenses are highly scratch resistant and shatter resistant. They can be fitted with Oakley prescription lenses, so you don’t have to choose between your prescription and your Oakleys.
The iridium coating on the lenses helps cut down on 99% of glare while maintaining color contrast and balancing light transmission. They’re excellent glasses for a range of activities except for more extreme sports.
They have metal bolt accents and metal icon accents. They’re ergonomic and designed to stay in place even when you’re sweating.
- Iridium coating cuts down on 99% of glare without losing color contrast.
- Three-point fit helps keep them in the right place.
- They come in a wide variety of different color options.
- They fit more tightly than some other Oakleys.
- They have some reflection on the inside of the lens.
- The angle of the nose piece can be uncomfortable for broader bridge noses.
Polarized Sunglasses Buyer’s Guide
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when you’re investing in your first pair of polarized glasses. First, let’s take a look at a few fundamental questions to make sure we’re on the same page.
How Do Polarized Sunglasses Work?
So, what are polarized sunglasses? The best polarized sunglasses help reduce glare. When the sunlight bounces off a surface and scatters, your eye doesn’t register what’s happening. On a smooth surface like water, for example, the light reflects cleanly and straight into your eye.
Polarized glasses reduce the glare by filtering light before it hits your eye. They enhance colors and contrast so that it’s easier to discern objects and details. It allows the wearer to see differently.
They work by realigning horizontal light. There are vertical stripes across the lenses that are imperceptible to your eyes but help redistribute parallel light, so it doesn’t go straight into your eye. The vertically oriented light is safer for your eyes than allowing all wavelengths to pass through.
What are the Benefits of Polarized Sunglasses?
Are polarized sunglasses better? It depends. They have a host of health benefits if that’s the metric.
Glare isn’t just dangerous. It causes severe eye strain as your eyes attempt to focus in spite of constant bombardment with the light. It can cause headaches and other significant pain in your eye nerves. It can also exacerbate problems in people who have eye sensitivities or injuries.
If you can’t see well, you can’t make snap decisions. If you’re on the water for instance, and you can’t discern objects underneath, it’s a hazard. Polarization is excellent for water sports or other outdoor activities where you need to see details despite reflections.
Sometimes you may not want to choose polarized lenses. If you ski, polarized glasses can prevent you from seeing the glare from ice patches, for example. They can also prevent you from seeing specific LED screens such as those on boats, or sometimes on your cell phones. You should consider where you plan to wear your glasses and if the lens coating will be an issue. The best polarized sunglasses should be tailored to your particular situation.
What Kinds of Polarized Lenses Can I Find?
There are two types of polarized lenses. You can buy .75mm lenses and 1.1mm lenses. The thickness improves durability during more intense activities and sports.
The film is placed on the outside of the lenses and reduces scratching. Thinner coatings are excellent for casual sports and everyday wear, while the thicker one is more durable but more expensive.
Thickness doesn’t affect the polarization at all. The glasses will perform the same as far as vision goes. If you’re involved in a lot of intense sports or more extreme activities, thicker coatings are more durable. If you’re doing casual activities the extra thickness isn’t really necessary.
Colors of Polarized Lenses (And What They’re Best For)
Polarized lenses can come in different colors just like regular lenses.
Red is good for enhancing depth and reducing eye strain. If you’re going to be driving for long periods of time, for example, it can keep your eyes comfortable during the long hours.
Green and Blue
Green highlights greenery. If you play a lot of golf, it can help you get the lay of the course as you walk through, making them some of the best sunglasses for golf. In other instances, it helps you during the outdoors because of the enhanced green tints.
Blue highlights water, and because the lenses are light, they allow ample light to filter through without glare, but they maintain contrast. These lenses will be the best sunglasses for fishing.
Some lenses even have both green and blue to help you distinguish between the ground and the sky in places like golf courses or other types of activities where that contrast would be especially important.
Gray is an excellent all-purpose color for everyday activities. IT reproduces contrast faithfully and helps you see highlights and shadows both. It doesn’t change the tones of colors much and is suitable for most everyday activities.
Amber or brown shades also help improve contrast. They’re especially good for cloudy or overcast days. You wouldn’t choose shades based purely on weather, but they are good for when you need a good contrast.
Yellow or Orange
Yellow and orange are best for low light conditions because they filter the least amount of light for contrast, but they still provide plenty of protection from harsh rays. They both accentuate highlights as well.
What Kinds of Frame Options are There?
There are different frame materials, and each has different levels of durability and comfort. Metal frames are some of the most durable, and depending on the construction can be either ultra-lightweight or pretty heavy.
The downside to metal is that they sometimes leave marks along the temples if they don’t have enough outward flex. Wearing them long-term might cause some discomfort.
Plastic frames can be very cheap and lightweight, but some plastic nowadays is actually scratch resistant. They’re also good because some kinds of plastic float in water. If you plan to be in the water, these could be a perk if you lose your glasses overboard.
Composite and mixtures of materials are good because they’re frequently durable and even shatter resistant. They offer ergonomic designs and lighter weights without feeling super cheap. They also are sometimes more flexible than plastic, meaning they give you a better fit if your head size is non-standard.
How Do I Clean My Polarized Sunglasses?
Cleaning polarized sunglasses is a lot like cleaning your tablet or smartphone screen. Using the wrong kind of materials can cause scratches and make issues worse. You need to know how to clean sunglasses properly.
In most cases, you only need to clean them using a soft, dry cloth such as microfiber. You can grab one from here:
MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, 6 PACK
- Glasses cleaner - Sourced from the highest quality microfiber that absorbs and removes dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, dirt, and more. Leaves no scratches, streaks, marks, or lint behind. Makes for the perfect eyeglass cleaner and stocking stuffer.
Gently rub off dirt and fingerprints with the soft fabric taking care not to rub too hard and scratch the lenses.
If you have particularly stubborn fingerprints, you can wash with gentle soap to break up the grease from the print. Don’t go overboard, however, because you want to protect the polarized and UV coatings as much as you can.
You also want to make sure to keep your glasses in the case or pouch so that they don’t come in contact with other surfaces when you aren’t wearing them. They run the risk of damaging the coating and causing black spots or unnecessary haloing if they’re scratched or dented in a bag or your back pocket.
You also want to resist the urge to wear them on your head. This action stretches out the hinge of the arm pieces and over time reduces the fit. As they stretch, they’ll begin to slide down more easily. It’s going to be annoying to adjust them regularly.
The Winner: Ray-Ban RB 2132 New Wayfarers
The new style of Wayfarers have captured our hearts, and we feel they’re the best polarized sunglasses. They’re also the best Ray Bans. They’ve fixed the angle on the old style of wayfarers so that they aren’t such an extreme angle from the face. They’ve also made it so that there’s less reflection on the interior of the lenses.
The frame is sturdy, and the polarization provides excellent protection from glare without reducing color contrast or making it difficult to see specific blue and green gradients. Overall, these are durable glasses you’ll have for a long time if you’re willing to invest in the right pair of sunglasses.
All the sunglasses on the list are excellent choices, but they don’t quite have the same timeless quality that the Ray Bans do. There’s just the right amount of tint without being too extreme, and the quality of the polarization is unbeatable.
Ray Bans are a staple of the sunglasses world, and investing in a good pair can give you a long lasting, well-made pair of sunglasses that prevents your eyes from baking the way you remember doing as a child. They’re a piece of sunglasses history, and this pair brings an updated look to the old, universally flattering classic.
The best polarized sunglasses can help protect your eyes from harmful rays and extend your vision by preventing overexposure the harsh reflected light. Although cheap sometimes means you get what you pay for, even cheap polarized sunglasses are better than nothing. It’s important to make sure your eyes are safe as you get out and accomplish your hobbies, whether extreme sports or reading a good book at the beach.
Which pair of glasses caught your eye? Have you had much experience with different kinds of lenses and lens colors? Let us know in the comments below.
On April 20th I purchased some sunglasses FITFORT frame with 5 lens. I used them a couple of time and for no reason one of the ear piece broke off. I paid a total of $25.47 for them. How do you take care of the warranty on them?
We recommend going to your orders on Amazon and filing a return underneath that specific order.
Amazon has a 30 day return policy on all items and they will be happy to assist with a refund and/or return.
The BeachRated Team